The interactive demo below will help you to search for contacts via Cognism Prospector.
- Go to Prospector and click Contact.
- The filters are divided into two separate sections: Contact-related and Company related. All the Company-related filters are also available under the ‘Company’ tab in Search.
Filter your search down depending on who you want to Prospect
- Job Title can include job titles using a keyword search i.e. CEO, Chief Executive Officer etc. You have the option to upload a list of job titles from a CSV file (as below).
- Use the ‘Exclude Job Titles’ to exclude specific job titles from your search eg. Assistant, PA to, EA to etc.
- You can also search by seniority or department.
- Locations will search for the location of the person you are searching for. Filtered down by regions, countries, states/counties and cities. You have the option to include or exclude a list of countries or states via CSV file (To understand the different locations used in Prospector see here).
- Under Details, you can search for a specific person (although if you have a specific contact in mind we recommend using the Chrome Extension. On how to use the Chrome Extension see here), age ranges or specific skills.
The company-related filters include additional options to filter your search down
- General information allows you to include or exclude company names and domains, search by company size, revenue, when the company was founded, company type. Keywords will search any keywords within a company’s description. There is also the option to upload a CSV file to company names/domains.
- Location will search for all the locations the company has a presence in or the HQ location of the company. This can be filtered down by regions, countries, states/counties, cities and zip codes. You have the option to include or exclude a list of countries or states via a CSV file. (To understand the different locations used in Prospector see here).
- Industries can include or exclude from a picklist of options. You can also filter down by specific SIC, ISIC or NAICS codes.
- Technologies can include or exclude from a picklist of options.
- Event Triggers have options to search for person location moves, job joins and/or job leaves and to search companies that have just received funding, been acquired, company IPO, company event appearances and/or if the company is hiring. You can filter these down by dates and other specifics.
- Settings will give the option to turn on Company Name Exact Match, Job Title Exact Match or Domain Exact Match and filter the search so that only companies with domains existing will show. (Be careful when using the Exact Match toggles since as the name suggest if it’s not an exact match your search may not bring up any results)
- Search results are displayed as you enter more filters i.e. when you click "," to add another filter or Enter to complete the search.
The number of ‘Contacts Found’ will appear at the top. You can search as many times as you like without using credits. Credits will be used when redeeming contacts from a list.
To clear the search, select Clear filters next to ‘Contacts Found’
You can save searches to come back to later (this means you can clear the search and come back to it another time to load or update)
If you want to load an older Search you can click Load and you can select a Saved Search.