After exporting a CSV file from Cognism and opening it in Excel, you may notice that the data is displayed in the wrong format. The problem is related to the separator that breaks the data into their respective columns. Please follow the steps below to adjust your settings and then re-download the file. If at first it doesn’t work, please try rebooting your computer and try again.
For Windows 8 and Windows 10 Users
- Close the Excel file
- Windows 8 > go to Control Panel and select Regional and Language Options.
Windows 10 > go to Control Panel, then Clock and Region and finally select Region.
- Click Additional Settings.
- Change the ‘Decimal Symbol’ to a full stop ( . ).
- Change the ‘List Separator’ to a comma ( , ).
- Click 'Apply', then 'OK'.
For Mac Users
Mac OS version 10.10.1.
- Close the Excel file.
- Click on the Apple button and go to System Preferences.
- Select Language & Region and click Advanced.
- Change the 'Decimal' separator to a full stop ( . ).
- Click on OK/Save.