Certain use cases may require you to search for, enrich and redeem high quality, compliant B2B data in large volumes. Use the Cognism API to programmatically retrieve company and contact data from the Cognism database in large volumes. The Search, Enrich and Redeem APIs enable you to do this.
Jump to a section
Read the technical API documentation here
- Search: Use the Search API to find records that match your input criteria. You can preview the full Cognism profile before redeeming.
- Enrich: Use the Enrich API to update existing records that you have. A single best match is found based on the input criteria provided and the record is then updated with Cognism data.
- Redeem: Use the Redeem API to access a complete profile found after using Search or Enrich APIs.
Setting up the Cognism API
Start using Cognism APIs by following these steps below:
- Check out the API documentation for all the key information on the structure, authentication, limiting, entitlements and more.
- Contact someone in our team to get set up on a trial or to upgrade to the API.
- Once you have the correct permissions, API tokens can be created within the Profile Settings within the Cognism web app. (Learn more about generating an API token)
- Each token will have an expiration date which you can see in the appropriate column
- Keep your API key private and do not disclose it to the public.
- Your team will develop and test any pipeline, ETL tool, or script that can make calls to a RESTful API is required to use the Cognism API.
- If you have any questions or need any extra support, you can reach out to our team via live chat on our help center or web app (app.cognism.com) OR reach out to Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When upgrading/signing as an API user, you can request specific Entitlements. Entitlements allow you to decide which data points you want access to.
For example, if you do not need phone numbers and only want to focus on email data, we can limit the information we display.