Salesforce integration with Cognism allows you to export contacts in bulk from Cognism Web Application into your Salesforce either as Leads or Contacts, with or without Accounts.
An admin user needs to first enable and setup the integration (configure Field Mappings) in the Cognism Web Application before other users in the organization are able to use the integration, after which all users can login and begin using the integration via the Web Application or Cognism Chrome Extension.
All integration settings for both the Web Application and Chrome Extension are located centrally and can be managed in the Web Application.
Jump to a Section
- Admin Enabling the Integration
- User Setup
- Logging in via Cognism Chrome Extension
- What can I do with the Cognism-Salesforce Integration?
Setting up the Integration
Admin Enabling the Integration
- Click the User Avatar at the top-right of your screen > click Settings.
- Click the Integrations icon.
- Navigate to the Salesforce integration and click Add.
After clicking Add, users in the organisation can Login with their Salesforce credentials. To configure field mappings, admin user will have to first Login to Salesforce. Click Login and you will be redirected to the Salesforce login page.
Enter your Salesforce login credentials and click Log In to continue. If you are already logged in to Salesforce, you will not be redirected to this page.
- You will then be redirected to the Cognism Web Application where a popup will appear, indicating you have successfully logged in with Salesforce.
To logout click Log Out, or the remove the integration, click Remove.
After an Admin enables and configures the Salesforce integration for the organisation, users can log in and begin using the integration.
- Navigate to settings by clicking the User Avatar > Settings.
- Click the Integrations icon.
- Navigate to the Salesforce integration and click Login. You will be redirected to the Salesforce Login page, unless you are already logged in to Salesforce.
- Enter your credentials and click Log In. You will be redirected to the Cognism Web Application and a popup will appear indicating you have successfully logged in with Salesforce.
Logging into Salesforce from the Chrome Extension
- All Integration settings are handled centrally within the Web Application. From the Chrome Extension settings page, you are redirected to the Integrations settings in the Web Application.
- From a profile view, click Export. Hover over the Salesforce option from the dropdown and a pop out will appear. Clicking Click Here text on the pop out will redirect you to the Chrome Extension settings where you can go to the Integration settings page.
What can I do with the Cognism-Salesforce Integration?
Once setup, you can Export contacts in bulk from Lists the in Cognism Web Application to your Salesforce. If you're running a campaign in Cognism Web Application, keep activities (calls, tasks...) and opt-out information synchronised between Cognism Campaign and activities on your Salesforce records, or quickly export into Salesforce either individual leads or a list of leads from Cognism Chrome Extension.