Okta – Cognism integration allows for easier access of your organization’s users to the Cognism platform with the enablement of Single Sign-On.
Adding the Cognism Application in Okta
An Okta admin user needs to first add the Cognism app in Okta.
- Click Browse App Catalog within the Applications section in Okta.
- Enter Cognism in the Search box and select Cognism.
- Click Add. You will then be redirected to configure the Required General Settings.
- Click Done. You can then proceed to configure Single Sign-On via Okta for Cognism.
Configuring Single Sign-On via Okta for Cognism
- Within the Okta Admin Dashboard, go to the Cognism Application Settings and go to the Sign On tab.
- You need to enter the Default Relay State value: PUKgc1bMxqQDKulHYsQy.
- Click View Setup Instructions where an Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL and X.509 Certificate will be generated specific to your account.
- Click Save after entering the Default Relay State value.
Proceed to the Cognism Web Application to Enable Okta Single Sign-On.
Enabling Okta SSO in Cognism Web Application
A Cognism admin needs to enable the Okta SSO in the Web Application. Follow the setup instructions here.
You then need to go to the Cognism Web Application:
- Click the User Avatar at the top-right of the screen and click Settings.
- Click the Single Sign-On tab at the left of the screen and click Configure.
- Copy and Paste the Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL followed by the X.509 Certificate that is provided by Okta.
- Click Enable to activate Okta once both fields are filled in. The Okta IdP-initiated SSO can be used by all existing Cognism users that have the Cognism application assigned on Okta.